Wednesday, April 19, 2017

A challenge...


Peach & Pepper kimono, Skar Designs present moon necklace, Jessica Ricci Buddha amulet ring, AMI Clubwear sandals, casual outfit, spring outfit, sustainable outfit

Do you know what I've always wanted to try, but just haven't had the guts to take a stab at?  

Creating a capsule wardrobe.  

The more I learn about minimalism and the more I think about sustainability, the more a capsule wardrobe makes sense to me.  

But I just can't seem to take the plunge yet.  I don't know if it's because I have fashion ADD and am constantly swapping styles or if I just love searching through thrift stores too much, but I have this epic mental block when it comes to narrowing my wardrobe down to a capsule.  I've done challenges in the past where I've had to go a month without buying anything new.  I've done challenges where I take what I have and have tried to replicate celebrity style.  I'm wondering if, perhaps, my next challenge is to choose 30 items (including shoes and jewelry) and go 30 days with just those items.  

If I did, this tank and these jeans would definitely make the cut!  I seem to find myself in them at least once a week!  

Have you ever tried a 30-piece challenge?  Do you have a capsule wardrobe?  Give me tips!  As the summer draws closer, I'm thinking I might have to have a go at it! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 
: the kimono is handmade
: the necklace is handmade
: the bracelet is handmade and fair trade
: the earrings are handmade and fair trade
: the ring is handmade





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful kimono! Looks great <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried a capsule wardrobe but I'm all into sustainability and minimalism, and I do it differently -- I do keep and wear the wardrobe that I already amassed, but I don't buy new clothes (trying not to). For the last two years I bought very few new clothes, and I try to narrow it down more and more. Last time I bought a piece of clothing three months ago, and I do not miss malls, not at all. :) I now enjoy wearing clothes that I already have in my wardrobe, and this way I get to refresh my wardrobe by wearing those clothes that i haven't worn in months or years. I also enjoy dressing unconventionally, and I wear clothes in more than one way -- I wear skirts as tops, skirts as dresses, dresses as skirts, shirts as boleros, underwear as outerwear, masculine clothing incorporated in feminine outfits, scarves as skirts, scarves as boleros -- the possibilities are endless, as long as you try to see beyond the original purpose of the garment. It really pays to dress outside the box, it's so much fun and I tremendously enjoy it!

    Have a lovely weekend!
    Xoxo, Victoria

    http://fashionstylebeautyandmore.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete